- Watch everything.
- Read everything.
- Play everything.
- Listen to everything.
- Always have a notebook with you.
- Never be afraid to riff on something you love. Own it but never be afraid to do it. Every GM on Earth has done it before you.
- Always be professional. With your peers and co-workers that’s regular communication, hitting deadlines, telling them when you can’t, listening and helping. With your players that’s making sure everyone has something to do and ensuring that one voice never drowns out the others, whether that voice is a player or a play style.
- No one gets left behind. No. One.
- No one is enslaved to dice. Use them when it’s dramatic or when it’s fun.
That about covers it. Thanks for joining me on this month-long journey into game brain:) If you liked what you read, here’s my published work so far. If you want to talk to me about a project you’re hiring for, get in touch. Alternately, come say hi on Twitter and I’ll see you back here tomorrow.