PseudoPod Tapes Volume 2
As of this very moment, The PseudoPod Tapes Volume 2: Approach with Caution, is available! Published by Fox Spirit, this is a collection of every outro I did for PseudoPod in 2014. Here are five things you need to know:
- You don’t have to read 50 or so variations of the ‘we rely on you to cover our server costs, pay our authors etc’ speech. That’s been excised. Likewise, no need to worry about reading the Creative Commons licence every time. This is just the essays about the stories, 100% me, no added flavorings.
- Each essay also has credits for the story it first appeared on. Author, Narrator, Episode Number and Date. That means you can use the podcast as extra content for the book. It’s also a deliberate statement; Narrators get credit, because they’re so often overlooked and without them we don’t exist. That’s what we’re working towards with Escape Artists: everyone gets paid or everyone gets credited or ideally both.
- The cover is by relentlessly talented artist and Tiki mug designer Jonathan ‘Atari’ Chaffin. He’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and has talent for DAYS. Check him out on Horror in Clay.
- The title comes from the only negative review that the first book got. ‘Approach with Caution’ was the kiss off line and, while I have no problem with people not liking my work, if you’re really going to hand me ‘Approach with Caution’ on a silver platter then of course I’m going to grab it.
- I love my day job and the sheer variety of work I get to study and talk about. Check out ‘Smells Like Teen Idiot’ and ‘Meaningful Exchange of Blows’ for an idea of just what a broad church horror is.
Massive thanks to Adele, Greg and co at Fox Spirit and Jonathan, Alex and Marguerite at EA (Atari you’re one of us and always have been, try and look surprised). We made a book! And here’s where you can get it and it’s older sibling: